🔍 Google API Keys Configuration¶
This section is optional. Use the official Google API if search attempts return
error 429. To use the
google_official_search command, you need to set up your
Google API key in your environment variables.
Create your project:
- Go to the Google Cloud Console.
- If you don't already have an account, create one and log in
- Create a new project by clicking on the Select a Project dropdown at the top of the page and clicking New Project
- Give it a name and click Create
- Set up a custom search API and add to your .env file:
the Custom Search API on your project. (Might need to wait few minutes to propagate.)
Set up a custom search engine and add to your .env file:
- Go to the Custom Search Engine page
- Click Add
- Set up your search engine by following the prompts. You can choose to search the entire web or specific sites
- Once you've created your search engine, click on Control Panel
- Click Basics
- Copy the Search engine ID
- Set it as the
Remember that your free daily custom search quota allows only up to 100 searches. To increase this limit, you need to assign a billing account to the project to profit from up to 10K daily searches.